Saturday, August 6, 2011

Terror on a Summer Night

Last night was the Worst Moment of the Trip. Prayerfully it will not be topped. Winston went outside with my father, no big deal, and...decided to run into the street. Mind you, my parents live on a very busy street, and in fact we have had two dogs and three cats killed by being hit by cars just in front of the house. So my terror was well founded and very deep. Dad reported that he ran across the street and then back into the road, where an oncoming car stopped in time and honked.
Readers, I have been singing my pup's praises for most of this blog, but I will tell you: he is VERY willful, and he does not listen well to people other than husband and me. It's a common trait of Corgis to be strong personalities and bold, and if you've thought of getting one you should know that they're not meek lap-dogs. This was a nearly deadly situation, and I cannot put words to how thankful I am that my pup is unhurt.
Since this incident, I think it goes without saying that he must be on leash outside at all times. We'll proceed with much more caution from now on. Today is a boat day though, so on to happier times!

No comments:

Post a Comment